Let’s start with the obvious, if you don’t already have an instapot you need one asap. If your anything like me, not just a mom, but want more time to finish that never ending to-do list then you don’t want to spend your whole day stuck making meals in the kitchen. Thankfully, the instapot is super easy to use and makes cooking a breeze just like this recipe. The honey garlic chicken is savory, tender and just so damn good!
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 12 mins | Total Time: 17 mins
- 1 1/2 -2 lbs. chicken thighs (4 chicken thighs)
- Salt ( I use Pink Himalayan Salt)
- Ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoons cooking oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced (1 tablespoon pre-minced)
HONEY GARLIC SAUCE:
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons water or chicken broth
- 3 dashes cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- Season your chicken thighs with salt and pepper on both sides. Set aside.
- Mix all the ingredients in the Honey Garlic Sauce together, stir to mix well. Make sure the honey and sugar are completely dissolved. Set aside.
- Turn on the Saute mode on your Instant Pot. As soon as the pot is heated, add 1 tablespoon of the cooking oil. Pan sear the chicken thighs (I remove the skin but if you prefer it then sear the skin side down first) until both sides turn a golden brown.
- Leave the chicken thighs in the Instant Pot, add the garlic. Saute the garlic a little bit. Pour in the sauce and cover with the lid. Select Manual and set to High pressure for 10 minutes. Place valve in “Sealing” position.
- Once done cooking and it beeps, turn to Quick Release. When the valve drops, remove the lid and carefully place chicken onto a serving plate.
- To thicken honey garlic sauce, in a separate bowl combine corn starch and cold water. Add corn starch liquid to honey garlic sauce. Select Saute mode and let boil for 2 minutes. Stir occasionally. Sauce will thicken further as it cools.
- Pour honey garlic sauce onto chicken thighs. Serve immediately.
If you tried out this recipe, let me know! Also if you have an instapot recipe that you swear by send it my way.
Disclaimer: All links, as well as links through out the Blog , are affiliate links. Products purchased through these links give me a small commission that helps me create content for the blog and income for my family